Monday, February 8, 2010

Today Daughter and I did two activities.
The first was inspired by one of my favorite blogs of all time "Confessions of a Homeschooler". She got paint chips colors and did an activity for her preschooler to categorize colors (with different shades). I got her idea and changed up a little. You can read about what she did here

http://confessionsofahomeschooler.blogspot.com/2009/10/paint-chip-phonics.html

For us I wrote the colors in Portuguese. I let her try doing the lines to separate the colors.
From Oops they forgot to give me a Manual
Then talked to my daughter about all the colors. We worked on our pronunciation.  It was so funny because when I was a kid I could not say "amarelo" (yellow) well..my daughter has the same issue. Everytime she would try saying "amarelo" it sounded like "amalelo" which sounds much like "yellow"... LOL! In this activity my goal was for her to learn/practice the colors in Portuguse.
From Oops they forgot to give me a Manual

We were having so much fun that we decided to count all the colors (as a total) and then each color and write down the number. So in the end we worked on gluing, counting, color, pronunciation, and line drawing. But more importantly we had fun! Motherhood instructions definitely would have a chapter on fun.
From Oops they forgot to give me a Manual
Another activity we did today, was to learn the location of Brasil and USA. Then we glued hearts in both places. So cute! So reflective of how I feel...hearts in both places.
From Oops they forgot to give me a Manual

No comments:

Post a Comment