Tuesday, February 2, 2010

It has been a year and a half since my last post (or more...I send my math on a vacation this morning). The way this blog is going it will feel like the Moses walking in the desert. You know...40 years to get to where you are going. Anyway, much has happened in my life. I am going to try to be faithful here and blog. I guess at this point in my life I feel the lack of a manual in how to raise my kids to be bilingual and bi-literate. I am Brazilian (we speak Portuguese), but my kids were born in the USA so it would be great if they could not only speak Portuguese but also write/read in Portuguese. So, here I will post about this struggle that it is to teach a language in another culture. So, from now on I may post in both languages...or in only one. We will see how this goes. Another thing that I will be posting a lot of is about Christian Life. That is a big part of my life and I realize that not having a manual again has led me to not be as proactive as I would like with my kids. So, you now know my plan. It is February so I figure it is not a New Year's resolution anymore.... I bet that increases my changes of being sucessful!

No comments:

Post a Comment